- Students can work as a trainee in summer and winter breaks. Students are not allowed to work during fall and spring semesters and corresponding final periods. Students who take courses in summer period are not allowed to work.
- Approved practical training 60 days in industry of which 30 days in office and 30 days in site. It can be possible +/-5 days for each parts.
- The minimum number of training days at one organization is 15 working days. Students can work as a trainee on weekdays and Saturdays, but not on Sundays. Students cannot work on religious and national holidays. The earliest training starts at the end of the third semester as site training.
- The law requires that all interns be insured during internship period against work related accidents and illnesses. Students must agree with all rules related with insurance. Please read the insurance document in order to find out the details of insurance process before and after the internship.
- One third of the training of the transfer students are accepted. Total transfer for training is not allowed to exceed 10 days.
- It is possible to do more than one internship in same company.
- Students can do their internships on abroad. IAESTE are AIESEC are important organizations that help students to find internship opportunities in abroad. Students are also free to find internships in abroad. All other rules are also valid for internships in abroad.
- Internship reports have to be written in English. Internship reports should follow “Training Book”. It is suitable to include some photos, graphs, project details, calculation reports etc.
- Trainee Performance Evaluation Form: This form can be acquired from Dean's secretary. The form includes two pages. The first page is an official document signed by Dean that shows the internship is mandatory. The second page includes evaluation questions about the intern. This form must be handed to internship assistant in a closed, stamped and signed envelope by trainee. The department head may also send this form by mail but the students are responsible for ensuring that the mail is received by the internship assistant.
- Student Evaluation Letter: This letter can be acquired from website. It includes comments of the students about the internship. The reason for this document is to provide an insight about the company for the prospective students.
- Training books should be submitted to the internship assistant within 30 days after the semester starts.
- Students should submit the training books by signing and they should give their e-mail addresses in order to contact with them.
- One day will be subtracted from your internship duration for each week day of late submission. After 7 days, training book is not accepted.
- After the evaluation of training books, revision of Training book can be prepared by trainee according to review of the Head of Training Committee.
- In case of need, Head of Training Committee or related Department Professors may question training student during training book submission in terms of training book evaluation.