Associate Professor, full time
+90(212) 359-7278 / 4879
|Ph.D.||Civil and Environmental Engineering||Rutgers University, New Brunswick NJ, USA||2006|
|M.S.||Civil and Environmental Engineering||Rutgers University, New Brunswick NJ, USA||2003|
|B.S.||Civil Engineering||Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey||2000|
|Assistant Professor||May 2007-Present|
|Other Related Experience|
| Research Interests
|Other Activities within Engineering and Teaching Professions|
Papers in Refereed Journals:
Papers in International Conference Proceedings:
Papers in National Conference Proceedings (in Turkish with English abstract):
|Courses Taught During the Last Five Years|
- A Biosequence based dynamic ride-matching algorithm that takes into account social factors, Ömer Faruk Aydın, Ph.D. Dissertation, 2019
- Investigation of the effects of transportation investments on real estate prices: Case study of Beylikduzu & Esenyurt, Onur Şahin, Ph.D. Dissertation, 2019.
- Investigatipon of Traffic Flow Characteristics: Case Study of D 100 Highway, Muhammed Ali Çevik, M.S. Thesis, 2019.
- A new submarket approach using distances to transit lines for the prediction of real estate prices, Muhittin Tan, M.S. Thesis, 2019.
- Integration of personnel services with public transportation: A case study of Bogazici University, Ozan Karaman, M.S. Thesis, 2019
- Autonomous vehicles: Evaluation of traffic management strategies in the case of an incident, Mert Erda, M.S. Thesis, 2018.
- The relationship between economic growth and road infrastructure: Evidence from Turkey, Onur Kalan, Ph.D. Dissertation, 2017.
- Analysis of traffic network near bus stops using bus GPS data, Yiğit Çetinel, M.S. Thesis, 2017.
- Understanding and modelling traveler tendency to rideshare: A case study of Boğaziçi University, Şive Başaran, M.S. Thesis, 2017.
- Understanding the effects of senior citizen free transit program on the travel behavior of the elderly in Kadıkoy, İstanbul, Ahmet Karakurt, M.S. Thesis, 2017.
- Transportation Planning and Management in Universities: A case study of Bogazici University, Murat Bayrak, M.S. Thesis, 2016.
- Effect of Traffic Application on Travel Behavior, Gözde Bakioğlu, M.S. Thesis, 2016.
- Ground Access Mode Choice Models for Airports in Istanbul, Onur İlgen, M.S. Thesis, 2016.
- Evaluation of Heuristic Algorithms for Traffic Signal Optimization Along a Corridor, Morteza Ahmadpur, M.S. Thesis, 2016.
- Freight Trip Generation in Urban Areas, Gürkan Günay, Ph.D. Dissertation, 2015.
- Origin Destination Inference of Bus Passengers: Istanbul Case Study, Akif Fidanoğlu, M.S. Thesis, 2015.
- Analysis of Passengers´Travel Behaviors and Attitudes Towards the BRT Line in Istanbul, Onur Şahin, M.S. Thesis, 2015.
- Evaluation of Work Zone Management Strategies: The FSM Bridge Case Study, Ömer Faruk Aydın, 2013.
- Social influences on trip mode-choices in non-daily trips, Dünya Yavaş, 2013.
- Modeling and Evaluation of Incident Detection Strategies by Pelin Boyacıoğlu, 2011.
- International Civil Engineering and Architecture Conference 3rd Best Paper Award 2019
- Outstanding Achievement in Teaching Award 2018
- Bogazici University Academic Incentive Award, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2016
- Graduate Assistantship, Rutgers University, 2001-2006