Assistant Professor, full time
|Ph.D.||Civil Engineering||Purdue University, West Lafatette, Indiana, USA||2009|
|M.S.||Civil Engineering||İstanbul Technical University, İstanbul, Turkey||2004|
|B.S.||Civil Engineering||İstanbul Technical University, İstanbul, Turkey||2002|
|Assistant Professor||2019 - Present|
|Assistant Professor||Bogazici University, İstanbul, Turkey||2019-Present|
|Assistant Professor||MEF University, İstanbul, Turkey||2015 - 2019|
|Senior Project Professional (PE)||Fugro Consultants, TX, USA||2013 - 2015|
|Project Professional||Fugro Consultants, TX, USA||2011 - 2013|
|Senior Staff Engineer||Geosyntec Consultants, VA, USA||2011|
|Staff Engineer||Geosyntec Consultants, VA, USA||2010|
|Postdoctoral Research Associate||Purdue University, IN, USA||2009 - 2010|
|Research Assistant /Fellow||Purdue University, IN, USA||2004 - 2009|
Publications in Refereed Journals:
- Yildirim, I. Z. (2022). Türkiye’de Çıkan Endüstriyel Yan Ürünlerin Dolgu Özellikleri Üzerine Deneysel Bir İnceleme. Teknik Dergi , 33 (6) , 12789-12815. DOI: 10.18400/tekderg.847828
- Yildirim, I. Z., and Prezzi, M. (2022). Subgrade stabilisation mixtures with EAF steel slag: an experimental study followed by field implementation. International Journal of Pavement Engineering., 23 (6),1754-1767.
- Yildirim, I.Z., and Prezzi, M. (2017). Experimental Evaluation of EAF Ladle Steel Slag as a Geo-Fill Material: Mineralogical, Physical & Mechanical Properties. Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 154C, pp. 23-33.
- Yildirim, I.Z., and Prezzi, M. (2015). Geotechnical Properties of Fresh and Aged Basic Oxygen Furnace Steel Slag. Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, ASCE, Vol.27, No.12, pp. 04015046-1-9.
- Yildirim, I.Z., and Prezzi, M. (2011). Chemical, Mineralogical, and Morphological Properties of Steel Slag. Advances in Civil Engineering-Special Issue of the Use of Recyclable Materials in Sustainable Civil Engineering Applications (RMSCE), Vol. 2011, Article ID 463638, 13 pages, 2011.
- Seo, H., Yildirim, I.Z., and Prezzi, M. (2009). Assessment of the axial response of an H pile driven in multilayered soil.” Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE, Vol.135, No.12, pp. 1789-1804.
- Yoon, S., Balunaini, U., Yildirim, I. Z., Prezzi, M., and Siddiki, N. Z. (2009). Construction of a fly and bottom ash-mixture embankment: a field performance study. Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, ASCE, Vol.21, No.6, pp. 1-8.
- Turkel, B., Yildirim, I.Z. and Guler, E. (2020). “The Effect of Natural Frequency on the Seismic Behavior of an 8 m High MSE Wall”; Proceedings of the Geo-Congress 2020: Engineering, Monitoring, and Management of Geotechnical Infrastructure, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Geotechnical Special Publication No. 316, pp. 406-415, February 25–28, 2020.
- Yildirim, I.Z. (2019). “Bir dolgu taşkın setinin yüklenmesiyle oluşan şev stabilitesi probleminin çözümü”, IMO Uluslararası 8. Geoteknik Sempozyumu - Proceedings of the IMO 8th International Geotechnical Symposium, 13-15 Kasım 2019, İstanbul (in Turkish with English abstract).
- Yildirim, I. Z. (2018). “EAF- EAF Pota Çelik Cüruflarının Kompaksiyon ve Şişme Davranışı ile İlgili Karşılaştırmalı Bir Çalışma”, Zemin Mekaniği ve Geoteknik Mühendisliği 17. Ulusal Kongresi, 17th National Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, September 26-28, Vol.2, pp. 463-474 (in Turkish with English abstract).
- Yildirim, I.Z. and Prezzi, M. (2018) “EAF Ladle Steel Slag as a Geomaterial: Compaction and Shear Strength Characteristics”; Proceedings of the International Foundations Congress & Equipment Exposition (IFCEE 2018), Orlando, Florida, Geotechnical Special Publication No. 295, pp. 113-122, March 5-10, 2018.
- Yildirim, I.Z. and Prezzi, M. (2017). “BOF Çelik Cürufunun Kayma Dayanımı Parametrelerinin Büyük-Ölçekli Direk Kesme Deneyi Sonuçlarına Göre Değerlendirilmesi”, Uluslararası Katılımlı 7. Geoteknik Sempozyumu Bildiri Kitabı , Proceedings of the IMO 7th Geotechnical Symposium with International Participation, pp. 247-256, 22-24 Kasım 2017, İstanbul (in Turkish with English Abstract).
- Yildirim, I.Z. and Prezzi, M. (2016) “Compaction and Shear Strength Behavior of Fresh and Aged Basic Oxygen Furnace (BOF) Steel Slag For Its Use in Geotechnical Applications”; Proceedings of the Geo-Chicago 2016: Sustainability, Energy, and the Geoenvironment, Chicago, Illinois, Geotechnical Special Publication No. 271, pp. 939-948, August 14-18, 2016.
- Yildirim, I.Z. and Prezzi, M. (2015). “Steel Slag: Chemistry, Mineralogy, and Morphology”, Proceedings of the International Foundations Congress & Equipment Exposition (IFCEE 2015), San Antonio, Texas, Geotechnical Special Publication No. 256, pp. 2816-2825, March 17-21, 2015.
- Yildirim, I.Z. and Ozkan M.T. (2004). “Konsol istinat duvarlarinin tasariminda deprem etkilerinin incelenmesi.” Zemin Mekaniği ve Geoteknik Mühendisliği 10. Ulusal Kongresi, 10th National Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, 16-17 September, Vol.1, pp. 657-666 (in Turkish with English abstract).
- Yildirim, I. Z., M. Prezzi, M. Vasudevan, and H. Santoso. (2013). “Use of Soil-Steel Slag-Class-C Fly Ash Mixtures in Subgrade Applications.” Publication FHWA/IN/JTRP-2013/06, SPR-3477, Joint Transportation Research Program, Indiana Department of Transportation and Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, 2013.
- Yildirim, I.Z., and Prezzi, M. (2009). “Use of Steel Slag in Subgrade Applications.” Publication FHWA/IN/JTRP-2009/32, SPR-3129, Joint Transportation Research Program, Indiana Department of Transportation and Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, 2009.
- Laboratory characterization of industrial by-products
- Use of sustainable geo-materials in geotechnical applications
- Seismic behaviour of MSE walls
- Subgrade stabilization using chemical treatments
- Design of small-displacement piles
- 2D and 3D Effects in Slope Stability
- Slope Stabilization Techniques
- Member of Turkish Society for ISSMGE (ZMTM) (May 2018 – Present)
- President of ASCE İstanbul Group (March 2017 – Present)
- Vice President ASCE İstanbul Group (January 2016 – March 2017)
- MEF University ASCE Faculty Advisor (2015 – Present)
- Member of Texas Board of Professional Engineers, TBPE (2013 – Present)
- Member of Society of Women in Engineering, Houston Chapter (2011– Present)
- Member of American Turkish Energy Professionals ATEP (2011– Present)
- Member of ASCE (2009 to Present)
- Member of Geo-Institute (ASCE) Graduate Students’ Org., Purdue University (2004 – 2009)
- Member of the C.W. Lovell Distinguished Lecture Committee, School of CE, Purdue University (2004 – 2010)
- Member of Women in Engineering Program, Purdue University (2004 – 2010)
- Member of İMO- İnşaat Mühendisleri Odası (2016- Present)
|Course Code||Course Title|
|CE 231||Earth Sciences|
|CE 336||Foundation Engineering|
|CE 58D||Special Topics in CE: Advanced Foundation Engineering|
|CE 58N||Special Topics in CE: Design of Earth Structures|
|CE 58I||Special Topics in CE: Geotechnical Engineering Design Studio|
|Outstanding Contribution in Reviewing Award, Computer and Geotechnics.||2018|
|Tübitak 2232 - Postdoctoral Reintegration Fellowship Recipient, Turkey.||2017-2019|
|Blisland Fellowship Recipient, Purdue University, WL, Indiana, USA.||2009|
Ross Fellowship Recipient, Purdue University, WL, Indiana, USA (1-yr fellowship + 3-yr RA Support).
|European Comission Expert Evaluator, Expert No: EX2015D260428||2016-Present|
Professional Engineer (P.E.), Certified by Texas Board of Professional Engineers (TBPE) Texas PE License #114632